Hello everyone! This week we are looking at our Halloween Bucket List ideas. This one really got me thinking, you see as an almost 36 year old mother of two, I would say my Halloween bucket list is pretty much completed. Now Halloween is all about the children. With this is mind, I have created a bucket list for my children.
Bucket list for Abi and James
- Go to a childrens halloween party at a playcentre. Our local playcentre organises parties every year and this is the first year that I have got tickets for both. Now Abi is not far off being 3, she really understands everything more.
- Carve a pumpkin. This year I really want to let the kids do their own pumpkins. I am a bit of a control freak and find it hard to just let the kids do their own thing. This year I will just let them do their own creative thing
- Trick or Treating. This is a tough one for me. I love trick or treaters who come to the door. I love letting my children open the door and having fun that way, but I really don’t feel comfortable flipping it over. I don’t want to be the person on the other side of the door and as such I don’t think I will let my children participate in the side of the deal. Give we are out a party, I think that’s how I will get around that particular issue.
- Kick ass costumes! I am not always fantastic at the make up and styling side of costumes. Lets face it, most of my costumes come from Asda. This year I am really trying to up my game, with the use of pinterest and youtube. This year my kids will have better make up and hair for their costumes
- As they are older it will be nice to have a spooky stories night, or watching a spooky children’s film (corpse bride or some such thing). I don’t think I will ever let them watch anything too scary, even as teenagers, as I am actually terrified of the supernatural in horror films. I believe in it too much and think these things really could happen.
- Halloween Crafts. There is so much by way of inspiration for crafts out there. I want to do some fun making activities with the children this year. I am all about the craft activities, and so is my daughter. James can take it or leave it really, hes not the most creative of children, but with a bit of encouragement I am sure we can make some spooky decorations.
- Halloween baking. I would really like to do some baking activities to make spooky biscuits or cakes.
- An autumnal walk, jumping in the leaves. I think the small things are really important too. I love autumn and a walk in the lovely autumn air can be really fab. We usually end up choosing leaves and sticks to bring back too.
I think that is all for now, as my children get older I cant wait to add to this list. Happy Halloween everyone xx