I have recently been lucky enough to be accepted onto the Confessions of a Plannerholic blog series, which is fantastic. Each week there is a theme which we are challenged to write about and this week that theme is my Autumnal Bucket List.
I have to say Autumn is one of my favourite seasons. I know a lot of people see spring as the season for new beginnings, but for me it feels more like autumn. I think this is probably to do with the new school year for my son and for me the start of autumn signifies bigger changes.
For me personally life is full of new opportunities and changes. My daughter has just increased her nursery hours to two full days and this has given me increased time for myself, and as part of my free time I have decided to start a creative journal. As I type I have a lovely new Travelers Notebook on its way and a full stash of inserts ready for filling up with memories.
My Autumn Bucket list contains lots of family things, but also some things for me, as a busy mum, trying to regain my sense of self.
- Set up my Travelers Notebook and include a kick ass Autumn Spread.
- Buy some lovely new autumn/winter boots in a nice brown colour.
- Confession time is that I have never tried a pumpkin spice latte! I think this needs to be remedied immediately.
- Carve a kick ass pumpkin, not just my usual jack – o – lantern with a crooked mouth and triangular eyes. Pinterest has to have some awesome ideas.
- Take the kids to a really big bonfire display, eat treacle toffee and parkin.
- Take the kids to a fantastic Halloween party with spooky surprises. My son is 6 and my daughter is 2, so it can’t be too scary.
- Make a fire and toast some marshmellows, even if its just in the back garden.
- Make the most of going to the local park, enjoy the gorgeous autumnal colours on the trees, find the biggest pile of leaves and go jumping.
- Buy some lovely snuggly autumnal jumpers
- Make an autumnal piece of artwork
This list is by no means exhaustive, but its a fantastic place to start for me. I will let you know just how many I manage to achieve before winter arrives.